Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Increasing FPS - Counter Strike - CS 1.6

Definition:

FPS is the frames per second that you see on your PC, the greater the SPF number the better the quality of the game, but it will run clean. To see your FPS in CS, just type in your console: net_graph 3

Tips:

1. Always keep your computer clean, do not keep useless stuff installed on it, it weighs too much for you to play better.

2. Let only the essentials, decrease boot files from your PC.

Go to: Start> Run and type msconfig.
    Open the tab "Startup" and uncheck everything that is not useful, rather just let the anti-virus enabled. This will allow you to boot your computer much faster.

3. Choose the best resolution for your computer.

I recommend the 1024x768 resolution, a reasonable machine can use it in OpenGL mode no problems. But when the resolution is lower, the higher the SPF. Use the software so if you do not have a video card.

4. Useful commands:

cl_bob "0" - This command serves to target getting thinner;
    cl_bobup "0" - The target will rise less than normal;
    cl_bobcycle "0" - Enables / disables the motion of the gun when you run;
    cl_himodels "0" - Let the value to 0;
    fps_max "99" - sets the maximum FPS.

See the image showing the difference in graphic:aumentando_fps_counter_strike_16.jpg

don't forget to add

fps_max 101
    cl_updelrate 101
    cl_cmdrate 101

Turn your vsync off "if you don't turn this off, you're not getting a 100 fps" (the option is on your computers video card settings not inside counter strike, you should find it and if not, maybe its on a different name)

Pick the best resolution for your computer.

SaintNooBy
    well my video card is getting realy hot and i play cs 1.6 for 10-15 mins then my FPS drops down to 15-30 fps and laggs the shit out of me !

Clean it~~~~~~~~~!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkx View Post
    Turn your vsync off "if you don't turn this off, you're not getting a 100 fps" (the option is on your computers video card settings not inside counter strike, you should find it and if not, maybe its on a different name)
    For ATI cards vertical sync is located in the catalyst control panel. First open CCP then go to the dropdown menu and select 3D. It is under the "All" tab with the heading "Wait for vertical refresh." You will want to select the first or second little tick mark.

For Nvidia cards (its been a while) it should be something like right click desktop -> properties -> settings -> advanced -> your card name -> performance and quality settings -> Vertical Sync off.

I'd also like to say that the commands cl_cmdrate 40-101, cl_updaterate 40-101, fps_max >100, rate, and ex_interp have always helped me get great frame rates and I suggest anyone who is having issues check these. I have been using cl_cmdrate 101, cl_updaterate 101, fps_max 150 (any number >100 works), rate 25000, and ex_interp 0(auto-adjusts to .009) on your servers and it has been giving me great bullet registry.

Edit: Oh, also, net_graph 1 is pretty good to have up. Lets you see a text and visual representation of your connection to the sever so you can see if you have bad choke or packet loss. If you are having bad loss and choke tweak your cmdrate and updaterate a little bit and see if it helps.

Decent Player
    Try using OpenGL instead of DirectX for better FPS. For network settings I use rate 30000, cl_cmdrate 100, and cl_updaterate 100 and I get great hit registry. I wouldn't touch the others such as ex_interp and cl_cmdbackup.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeriam View Post
    Try using OpenGL instead of DirectX for better FPS. For network settings I use rate 30000, cl_cmdrate 100, and cl_updaterate 100 and I get great hit registry. I wouldn't touch the others such as ex_interp and cl_cmdbackup.
    Zeriam how can i use opengl instead of direct x ! please reply thanks <3
    i LuV ...
    [AoG]SilentSoldiers
    [AoG]Funzone
    [AoG]Warzone

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5337/52871984.png

Decent Player
    Open Counter-Strike and select: Options -> Video -> Renderer -> "OpenGL."

Quote Originally Posted by Zeriam View Post
    Open Counter-Strike and select: Options -> Video -> Renderer -> "OpenGL."
    i thought i had to install software and all ! -.- anyways i use the already ! Thanks For The Help !!
    i LuV ...
    [AoG]SilentSoldiers
    [AoG]Funzone
    [AoG]Warzone

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5337/52871984.png

Banned
    Nice, thanks for it m8!

Thread Information